Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Alzheimer's Reading Room: Exercise may improve function in dementia patients


Share/Save/Bookmark
If you are a frequent visitor to this Blog then you know I believe one of the most important parts of Alzheimer's care is exercise. My mother, now 92, suffers from Alzheimer's disease. The first time she visited a gym she was 88 years old. There is no doubt in my mind that my mother would now be bedridden if not for exercise. The effect is so dramatic that my mother sometimes holds on to the walls or anything she can grab while walking into the gym. On the way out she stands up straight and walks out on her own. Most people that know her are shocked to see this. We get an added benefit when people stop to talk or smile at her. Socialization in the gym is an added benefit.

Read More

0 comments:

Post a Comment